
Yes, today I could hear birds! I haven't been able to for some time.
Friday I was fitted with "Hearing Instruments". New Term to me!
We sure live in a noisy world. For the first time in quite awhile I was able to hear nearly everything in our Sunday School class and Relief Society. Before I could hear if someone was using the microphone, but not comments of others in the class. In my right ear I have a 60 to 70% loss and poor comprehension. Left ear 3o to 40% with excellent comprehension.
I have the new open ear style that is hard for anyone to see without looking hard. I opted for this kind since I have an itching problem in my right ear. I was able to get a good price on a previously owned pair that had been reconditioned. They were used by a male so I was told "I would enjoy sports more."I've jokingly said that I'll have to stand on the corner with a sign and get donations to pay for them.
Previously if I laid on my right side I couldn't hear when Curt would speak to me. I was told today when I mentioned that I heard birds "wait until it rains!" That will really be something hear in our office with the metal roof.
Anyway - I'm happy to be a member of the hearing world, even if it is noisy and I don't hear perfectly.
THOUGHT FOR TODAY
Be patient with everyone, but above all with thyself.
I mean, do not be disheartened by your imperfections,
But always rise up with fresh courage.
Francus de Sales



No comments:
Post a Comment