Saturday, March 7, 2009

Where Oh Where Has Our Little Storm Gone?



Even as early as this morning "rain mixed with snow" was predicted for St. George today. I don't know what happened, but all we've had is a few fluffy clouds in the north. It's a beautiful day. A little cool - 52 degrees right now with a light breeze. A typical Spring day in Utah's Dixie. The grass is beginning to get green and the Apricot and Flowering Plum trees are in bloom, and vegetable gardens are being planted. It was one of those days that you would like to go for a ride to see and experience new places. Days like this make you glad that you are alive!
Today Monica took us to lunch for free hot dog and drink at Boulevard Home Furnishings. She said she could afford to take us there to pay us back for taking her on some errands. She doesn't drive, so we help her out when she needs to go somewhere she can't get to on her bike or something done that she can't do herself. Often times she takes us to Subway to eat. She's one of Curt's hometeaching sisters, works at the mission with us and is a good little friend.
Today is such a beautiful day, I decided to start a special exercise program. Maybe you would like to try it. I was working on cleaning our office today and found this hidden in a stack of papers.
My Exercise Program........

The doctor told me "Physical exercise is good for you." I know that I should do it, since my body is so out of shape. So I have worked out this easy daily program I can do anywhere:

Monday: Beat around the bush. Jump to conclusions. Climb the walls. Wade through paperwork.
Tuesday: Drag my heels. Push my luck. Make mountains out of molehills. Hit the nail on the head.
Wednesday: Bend over backwards. Jump on the bandwagon. Balance the books. Run around in circles.
Thursday: Toot my own horn. Climb the ladder of success. Pull out the stops. Add fuel to the fire.
Friday: Open a can of worms. Put my foot in my mouth. [I do this extremely well] Start the ball rolling. Go over the edge.
Saturday: Pick up the pieces. Whew! What a workout!
Sunday: After working so hard - take Sunday off since it's supposidly the day of rest!
You are invited to use my program without charge!!


THOUGHT FOR TODAY
How far you go in life depends on
your being tender with the young,
compassionate with the aged,
sympathetic with the striving,
and tolerant of the weak and the strong.
Because someday in life
you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

No comments: